Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sidney Nolan

Apparently, our daughter may be destined to be an artist, or at least live in the shadow of an artist. I just found out (thanks, Jen) that there is a famous Australian painter named Sidney Nolan. I'm sure you can google him and find out more yourself, but from what I've learned, he is pretty famous in Australia. A lot of his paintings have to do with the life of Ned Kelly, an Australian figure similar to Billy the Kidd or Jesse James in American history. A sort of Australian bandit who is often pictured with the square helmet.

So there you go: Sydney Nolen or Sidney Nolan, which of these great artists will history remember more? I know whose art is on my refrigerator....



Sir Sidney Nolan

Sidney Nolan
Antelope and Waterhole 1963
Oil and Ripolin enamel on board
152 x 121 cm

Sidney Nolan

The Trial

1947
Enamel on composition board
91.5 x 122cm



Sydney Nolen

Sydney Nolen
Water Nymphs* (2008)
fingerpaint on paper
8.5 x 11 in



Sydney Nolen
Fire and Water* (2008)
fingerpaint on paper
8.5 x 11 in




*The titles of all Sydney Nolen artworks were added by her manager; the artist chooses not to title her work at this time.

3 comments:

  1. Never heard of Sidney Nolan before, but I am familiar with the works of Syndey Nolen. I have a small framed piece at home, and some foam art at work. Looking forward to acquiring more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love waternymphs. How large is that composition? I am looking to frame some cool art by a famous artist such she.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orders for Sydney Nolen artwork will be processed and delivered next time we're in town. Most of her work is done in 8.5x11 and then reduced to 4x6 for framing.

    ReplyDelete