We spent last weekend on the road visiting with family. Sydney enjoyed seeing her aunts and uncles and both my mom and Jeremy's mom. My mom, Sydney and I had a girl's day -- lunch at the Olive Garden, some shopping, and then went to a baby shower. We had a nice afternoon, although I think next time I'm invited to a shower at a tea room, I'll leave the toddler at home.

Here's Grandma feeding Sydney some Black Tie Mousse Cake. This was also Sydney's first time to go completely without a highchair at a restaurant -- sitting by grandma was too much fun for her to move away to sit in the highchair.

On Sunday, we went over to Nana's house for lunch. Sydney is helping Nana with the dishes. No, really, she was helping. If you hand her a plate, she will load the dishwasher for you.

Jeremy's mom and Sydney are playing in Nana's sewing room while Nana and I are going through Nana's extra fabric. Nana swears I was doing her a favor by taking all this stuff, but really I think I got the best end of the deal.

At Aunt Dani's house, we played a cool new game called Gloom... the goal of which was to make your characters as unhappy as possible, and then kill them off. Okay, the game is a little twisted, but we had fun.

Sydney also enjoyed seeing Nana Kathi and Uncle Nick. She spent a lot of time playing Parcheesi with Nana Kathi and then playing play dough with Uncle Nick.

Finally, the surprise: this is my friend Kara, who lives about twenty minutes away from me. We had, unbeknownst to each other, driven three hours from home to see family and then went to the Children's Museum and ran into each other. So, Sydney got to play with Peter and I got to chat with Kara, and Jeremy got to take pictures of all of us.
Before I even read the post, my first thought was “Wow, that is so cool that Sydney can eat at a restaurant with no high chair”. Atta girl...
ReplyDeleteShe's so good at loading the dishwasher... it's amazing how much they love to help when you start them early! Next she will be wanting to do her own laundry...
ReplyDeleteIt was definitely a nice surprise. We had a great time visiting with you guys at the museum. :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment is really about the picture in the left sidebar. Sydney looks like one of the 12 princesses there, all lovely medieval lighting and all. Very artsy.
ReplyDeleteShe looks like she's having a blast sitting with her grandma there. What an exciting time!