
Things I Love Doing as a Mother (in no particular order):
1) Going places to do really mundane things... like throwing pennies in a fountain.
2) Doing crafty things at home... like painting.
3) Playing games... like CandyLand.
4) Reading books... like our current favorite, Olivia
5) Thinking of new ways to spend an afternoon... whether doing something around town or looking for a new kid-centric locale.
6) Watching really good kids' movies... like Babe or Mary Poppins.
7) Sharing experiences that I think are important... like watching musicals.
8) Going to special places... like the zoo or the museum.
9) Shopping for kid stuff... especially bargains.
10) Teaching new skills... like how to put on sandals.
11) Singing... "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" is a current hit around here.
12) Looking for things I didn't see but she did... like the birds in the parking lot.
13) Praying... for her, with her, about her.
14) Watching her sleep... will that ever get old?
15) Playing with toys... especially her little people, those are my favorite.
16) Planning birthday parties... what to do, where to have it, what to give as a gift.
17) Celebrating holidays in general... especially Christmas and Easter.
18) Going to church... to worship and to play.
19) Teaching new concepts... like saying "cheese" for a picture, next up, how to say "cheese" with less enthusiasm.
20) Blogging... telling the people I love all about the little girl I love.
Happy Mother's Day!
I love you list! All good things... but everything is fun if you include a Sydney!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day!
It is true that having a Sydney around makes almost anything more fun. Not shopping for fabric... she hates that, but almost anything else. :)
ReplyDeleteI love that you are wearing your Nigeria jewelry! Maybe more will come your way this July!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Suzanne
I would love it if more came my way. I get so many compliments on the jewelry. Some "it's not Tupperware or Pampered Chef, but the same thing for jewelry" lady even tried to get me to host a party, figuring I must be like this jewelry aficionado because I was wearing my Nigerian necklace and earrings that day.
ReplyDelete