She really got into it... asking to have it read to her over and over again. I knew that she liked the book and I knew she did really well with the transition from only child to big sister, but I didn't really appreciate how much the book meant to her until I was looking through it again today.
Sydney really likes to ask to sit in my chair and hold her brother...
She also really likes to help give Jack a bottle and will become a little irate if she's not allowed to help with that.


Then, today we got out Jack's Johnny Jump Up and Sydney was immediately drawn to it, wanting to swing Jack and play with him.

I guess I could take the tact that the author knew her business and managed to magically capture the moments shared between most siblings, but I really believe Sydney is herself creating these moments to copy what she saw in the book, before Jack was ever born.I always try to be cognizant of what media I put in front of Sydney... I guess it's nice to have the reminder that they really do internalize what they see.
How sweet! I love it. You know, S.G. has been talking nonstop about Mei Mei for the past two days. She keeps talking about ways she'll help out when she's a big sister. Poor thing has had to wait so stink'in long! :)
ReplyDeleteHow about I meet up with you at the pool on Tuesday. If you're not planning on being there, let me know when you'll be at school and I'll just stop by. Thanks!!
No pool this Tuesday... and I'm not really sure whether I'm going to be in my room this week, either... enjoying the last week of summer. So, next Monday, I'll bring S.G.'s things to the office and you can drive by whenever next week and they'll have them.
ReplyDeleteWe have that same book (well, big brother version) for Peter. I guess I better read it first so I will be aware of what he may try to do with the new baby! :)
ReplyDeleteIt really did become her road map for how to be a big sister.
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are adorable, and do match almost eirily(sp?) with the book.
ReplyDeleteWow! Sydney is such a goodkindof nerd. She just saved you $$, because she's the rare type who will benefit from nonfiction instruction books without someone else having to explain. They probably have How to Make awesome sandcastle or DIY carpentry books for toddlers, right?
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet natured and bright girl!
Thanks, Summer!
ReplyDeleteamazing...
ReplyDeleteso in a few years, all Jeremy needs to do is hand her the Chilton's manual on the Mazda and she'll talk him through an engine rebuild!