Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's (not) all lies

Sydney told her first lie today. At bedtime, Jeremy allowed her to take her stuffed penguins to bed, but not her wooden giraffe. When I went in to say good-night, she was crying for her giraffe. I told her that she couldn't have it and that's when she said, "But my dad said 'yes'."

A trip with her in tow to the living room and a very serious conversation later, she owned up to the fact that he daddy had, in fact, said "no" about the giraffe.

Still, I felt that it was worth mentioning that she officially told her first, flat out, designed to get her way, bold faced lie.

I'm proud of her for understanding that it was a mistake and telling the truth afterward.

2 comments:

  1. smart kids do tend to lie to get their way, sounds like you guys taught her that she can't divide and conquer! hard for grambers not to chuckle tho...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kim...teaching her she can't divide and conquer will be a very valuable thing for you and Jeremy since she is stinkin smart!

    ReplyDelete