Monday, August 31, 2009

It Could Go Poorly

Consider this fair warning:

If you call me, there is a 5% chance of Sydney answering the phone.

I know. I think other people's toddlers are hard to understand on the phone, too.

But I can't help it.

I have to go to the bathroom. I have to nurse her brother. And in both of those cases, she can totally beat me to the phone.

So she answers it.

Like today.

When her grandma called.

She told her (quite plainly, I believe), "Mama's in the bathroom. She's going potty. She'll talk to you in a minute. Hey, I have a dragon. And that's my chicken. Oh, look, little penguin."

Then when her grandmother was ready, they both hung up.

I came out of the bathroom and Sydney handed me my phone. "Um, I was talking. Now it's your turn."

I've decided anyone who can't deal with that should just stop calling me. Because her phone manners are too close to toddler perfection for me to make any attempt to stop her from taking messages.

2 comments:

  1. That is too cute. I would quite enjoy talking to such cute and polite little girl for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she also said 'I was missing you at my house today'. followed by an overwhelming urge for me to point my Ford west and drive to Georgetown...

    this blog is a Godsend. it gives me a glimpse into her life, and something to chat with her about on the phone! we talked about the pretty flowers in her hair, and how she used her new sponges to help daddy wash the car.

    I hope she answers the next time I call... LOL

    ReplyDelete