Sunday, January 31, 2010

Children's Sunday

Every year, our church does "Children's Sunday" and the kids get to do all of the roles normally filled by the adults. The kids are the ushers, read the liturgy, do the music and the sermon. The older kids do the more difficult speaking roles, but even the preschoolers get to help by passing out bulletins and being the ushers.

This was Sydney's first year to get to do Children's Sunday and overall, she enjoyed it. She thought getting to say "hi" to everyone was neat, but she got a little overwhelmed and confused when more ushers showed up and they had to take turns handing out bulletins.

The part she absolutely did not, could not, would not like was me insisting that her dad get some pictures of her. I have given up on finding the perfect picture and am documenting my independent, sassy girl just as she is.

After all, some times she will say, "CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE" and really, what more can I ask for?

Mostly, though, she looks like an angel to me and I was glad that my little angel got to be part of spreading God's Word and participating in this event in church (and that I got to document it).

2 comments:

  1. She truly looks like an angel in that last picture. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! Unfortunately, I have so many of those cheeeeese pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete