I know it's a school night and she probably shouldn't have friends over.
But I really can't control these things.
In fact, I didn't even know Millie and Bob were here tonight.
I certainly didn't give permission for a sleep over.
Here it is, an hour past Sydney's bedtime, and I hear her in her bed, chatting away, and I got in and she tells me that Millie and Bob are not tired. I only see Sydney in her bed.
So I ask the foolish question.
"Who are Millie and Bob?"
Sydney giggles.
I ask if I can see Millie.
Sydney holds her hands tightly together and says, "No" with a giggle.
"What does Millie look like?"
"Um, she's wearing a pink dress."
"Can I give Millie a hug?"
"No," she laughs, "You're too big, Mama."
"What if I just hug her with my fingers?"
"No, you'll tickle her."
"Well", I ask, "Where is Millie?"
"Here she is!" says Sydney as she waves her right hand at me.
That's right, Millie is her right hand.Bob is her left.
"Um, Millie and Bob are your hands, Syd," I say.
"You're silly, Mama" says Sydney.
Me?
Such a smart cookie!
ReplyDeleteWhy not? Sounds like fun to me.
ReplyDeleteshe has such a vivid imagination!
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking on this. Are you sure that Millie and Bob are her hands? Not just small imaginary people on or in her hands? I mean she said you couldn't hug them. You could hug her hand.
ReplyDeleteYou're right. Millie and Bob might be small imaginary people. Prince John was. The only reason I thought they were her hands is because she kept moving her hands to show where Mille and Bob were. "Millie and Bob" are tired and then the hands went under the covers, etc. I'm sure I will never really know. That's what makes the raising of Sydney so darn exciting.
ReplyDelete