Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Playdate with Peter

Today we went on a playdate with Peter. Last week, my friend Kara was hospitalized with pneumonia and has developed Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. She is currently sedated on a ventilator, so all of her friends are trying to do what we can to help her family. Today that meant giving her mom (Peter's grandma) a chance to get out of the hospital and give Peter and chance to play with Sydney.

At one point, Peter's grandma had ducked into the shoe store while I watched the kids ride rides and Peter was a little anxious about her leaving, so we had to follow. Once in the store, having found his grandma, he was happy to run a muck with Sydney. I always wonder why the shoe store people have to double check to make sure you have two shoes of the same size in the box. How would they get mixed up, I wondered.

Having watched two toddlers in a shoe store for all of five minutes, I can totally answer that question now. I hope these shoe store people are the kind that check.

We had fun with Peter. I think some other people have plans to do other playdates in the coming weeks, but I'm sure we'll get another turn eventually.

3 comments:

  1. Love the similar but not all the same post on the Hazen site.

    What does she do when you ask her to smile? I can see Jeremy also not smiling when asked when he was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, the word "grimace" comes to mind.

    And sadly, it was me who wouldn't smile for pictures as a child.

    Karma sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky- Dave and I will be praying for Kara and her family. We love you!
    Love,
    Suzanne and Dave

    ReplyDelete