Monday, January 18, 2010

Houston Children's Museum

Saturday, we went to Houston Children's Museum with the McCall's. Sydney had a great time, of course, despite what you might infer from the look on her face in this picture.

I was surprised to see how much the museum had changed -- apparently they have done a complete overhaul. For the most part, I liked the changes, especially for the main portion. I did miss the old baby and toddler zone, but I guess if I had to pick, I would rather a children's museum cater to the three to ten crowd anyway.

Sydney loved this exhibit. There was a ramp that you could change the elevation of and different wheels (round, hexagonal, etc.) for the cars.

Sydney and I built with blocks. I am still enjoying this time that Jack can be in the carrier and I can play with Sydney.

A cool texture wall for my texture girl.

She also loved the dance space.

There is now a whole main street and I wish we had started there, because she only got to the ambulance and police station before it was time to go. There was also a market, a vet, a bank, an outdoor cafe, and a couple of other "businesses."

Sydney was able to provide life-saving measures, though, which was cool.

Sydney and Emmalyn. I love how Sydney's hair has gone completely wild by this point in the day.
The outdoor waterworks was AMAZING. They used to have a model of the Houston bayou system (or something like that) with rubber ducks (because there are ducks in the bayous?) but now it's this whole physics of water experiment. Very neat. Probably neater in the summer, but my girl did not care that it was fifty degrees and she was soaking wet by the end.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, heck yeah. That place is awesome. When we went in September, we only had around an hour. We skipped the tot spot and big kid stuff and let the boys (Pip and his barely younger cousin) play in the waterworks the whole time. They had a blast! I can see why it's one of the top two children's museums in the world. Plus our local museum membership is honored there, so we all got in free. So glad y'all had fun there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like y'all had a blast! What fun!

    ReplyDelete