Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

This is our family on Easter. We have dressed in our Easter best and come to church.

This is Sydney and Jack, on the steps of the church. I love how little they look in this context.

This is Sydney under the magnolia tree. I am convinced that one day I will be seeing her standing under this tree in a white dress.

This is the bird house at the Wesleyan Nursing Home. We came to see the birds and the fish and to say "Happy Easter" to the folks we ran into.

This is Sydney's Easter basket, containing three "Kelly" dolls, my compromise on Barbie. I am reminded of the rhyme "Rub a dub dub."

Rub a dub dasket
Three dolls in a basket
And who do you think they be?
The blonde, the brunette, and red
in the middle, plastic dolls all three.

This is the group of kids in the obligatory group shot. I love that Kristi and Grace accept that I will plan activities for their children and all I expect in return is this picture.

This is Emelia and Sean, hunting for the golden egg.

This is Abigail, who found the golden egg.

This is Ava, who drove around the backyard and allowed the others to bring eggs to her. Very efficient. She also got Sean to gas up her car for her.

This is Sydney, enjoying Easter. She's getting older. This year, she remembered it all from last and next year, she will have actual expectations of the holiday based on what we did this year.

I'm glad it was a good Easter. From church to egg hunt.

He is Risen!

2 comments:

  1. He is risen indeed!

    Looks like it was a great day for all. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Sydney is going to be so tall and pretty in a white dress someday. She's so lovely and little now. I like how you got a good photo of the childrens' small persons. They all grow so quickly. And I like how there was a wardrobe change so that both Easter dresses were in play.

    ReplyDelete