I was at home alone with the children and we were bored.
Gasp!
Obviously this meant we needed a Project.
Since tomorrow is Easter, I wanted to do something Easter themed. I got out all of the boxes of random art supplies and found some white plast-ooden (that plastic wood material that could be either and might be both) squares that Carol had found at some random location and brought to me knowing I would find a use for them someday. I also found the box of clearance isle collage materials and decided we could make crosses.
First I focused the kids on one type of material per square... buttons on this one, poof balls on that one, etc.

Then I realized I needed a background for the crosses, so I used my recently acquired artist skills to talk Sydney through painting the background of a canvas mostly just pink with a little orange at the bottom and some lighter pink at the top for texture and interest.

The final product looks pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

I did the butterfly one and helped with the button one after Sydney's first button one needed a redo after she got further into the project and I realized what colors she was really settled on and I wanted her button tile to have just those colors (and she was done by then).
I can't wait to hang it up in her room!
I like it even better with the story to go with it.
ReplyDelete