
Jeremy was doing some experimental cooking of
lasagna following a new recipe courtesy of Mr. Alton Brown and wanted to invite friends over to share the meal. The Fords were our guinea pigs for the last experimental meal of rice and beans, so they were off the hook this time. I tried inviting Helen and Scott but it was their anniversary (so we offered to watch Andrew instead) and then I called the Hazens, even though dinner was a little later than their usual, but we lucked into a late nap and they were able to make it.
As Andrew and then Peter and Danielle arrived, Sydney exclaimed, "ALL my friends are coming over!" It was funny to realize that having people over would be so very exciting for her.

All of the kids enjoyed playing in the backyard, even little Danielle.

Peter and Jack took over the water table while Sydney and Andrew played with the cars and the sand table for most of the time. In related news, it was Peter and Jack who needed the most clean-up before dinner.

I enjoyed re-chalking the back fence, adding color where some bits had faded. Sydney and Jack got into that project as well.

I love Fall and Spring in Texas. The weather is so very nice and having friends over to share the fun just makes it all the nicer.
And the lasagna was delicious, by the way, although Kara and I both vote to nix the mushrooms next time.
I agree. Lasagna does not need mushrooms. When we were first married, I experimented with a few types of mushrooms and decided I didn't really like any of them. I don't hate them, but they are not worth the effort to me.
ReplyDelete