Jeremy and I are determined that Sydney learn to swim. Sydney is determined to keep her feet safely on the steps of the pool.
This has led to some family conflict.
Today we went to the pool with Helen and Andrew. Helen was working with Andrew and kept offering to take Sydney, but I didn't want to burden Helen with a little girl who is either deathly afraid of the water or so against learning to swim that she is pulling out some ridiculously dramatic moves.
Finally Helen just kind of took Sydney from me and gave me Andrew. As Helen and Sydney are happily swimming away and Helen is using some sort of water magic on Sydney, I hear Helen say to Sydney, "Did you know I used to teach kids how to swim?"
Turns out that in addition to all of her other fine qualities, Helen is a former swim team gal, summer life guard, and swim instructor.
After that, I happily kept Andrew and let Helen have Sydney.
Sydney even informed us that "Andrew's mom used to teach real kids how to swim."
Not like those fake ones I taught last summer.
Also, Sydney informs me, "Andrew's mom is nice."
So there.
Yeah, we will be planning on spending more time at the pool with Andrew and his mom.
This has led to some family conflict.
Today we went to the pool with Helen and Andrew. Helen was working with Andrew and kept offering to take Sydney, but I didn't want to burden Helen with a little girl who is either deathly afraid of the water or so against learning to swim that she is pulling out some ridiculously dramatic moves.
Finally Helen just kind of took Sydney from me and gave me Andrew. As Helen and Sydney are happily swimming away and Helen is using some sort of water magic on Sydney, I hear Helen say to Sydney, "Did you know I used to teach kids how to swim?"
Turns out that in addition to all of her other fine qualities, Helen is a former swim team gal, summer life guard, and swim instructor.
After that, I happily kept Andrew and let Helen have Sydney.
Sydney even informed us that "Andrew's mom used to teach real kids how to swim."
Not like those fake ones I taught last summer.
Also, Sydney informs me, "Andrew's mom is nice."
So there.
Yeah, we will be planning on spending more time at the pool with Andrew and his mom.
How cool is Helen!? So glad that y'all have water loving friends and a great pool nearby.
ReplyDelete