This is Baby, Sydney's special baby doll. Sydney has had her since her first Christmas (well, she got Baby 1.0 then... we're actually on Baby 2.0, but Sydney doesn't know that). I have this strong belief that little girls should be allowed to bond with one special doll rather than be overwhelmed with a large variety of choices. So, while Sydney does have a couple of other dolls (a Cabbage Patch, a doll with zippers and buttons, and a "My First Doll" stuffed rattle-like toy), Baby is her only "baby" doll. I figure when she's ready for a bigger doll, she has the Cabbage Patch doll, but for now, Baby is the only one she is interested in.Baby got a new swing today. Sydney thought that was pretty neat. Coincidentally, this Fisher Price Aquarium Swing also showed up in our house today.
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, I will add that it was Danielle's suggestion that Sydney's Baby have all of the cool stuff that Sydney's sibling will be using. So today, when I got the swing on sale, I stopped by first Toys R Us and then Target looking for a baby doll swing and found this one. It also came with a stroller and pack n' play which I will get out later. Technically, the thing Baby is sitting in is also an infant carrier and the whole apparatus reassembles into a high chair, but I haven't decided if I'm going to teach Sydney that her swing comes apart or not. I seems like it might be worth the money to buy a second carrier and high chair just to not have to take apart and put back together the swing all the time.I'm also putting together a diaper bag to give to Sydney when she comes up to the hospital. I actually remember the diaper bag I got when I went to see my sister in the hospital. It had all these side pockets that were labeled things like "diapers" and "bottle." It was tan with brown edges. I think I also got a baby doll, but it was the diaper bag I remember. So far, all I've bought is a thing for wipes and a velcro cloth diaper to put in the bag. I figure it will be a fun project over the next three months to find the perfect bag and fun things to go in it. My favorite piece of advice on this subject is this: when giving the older sibling a gift at the hospital, do not say that the gift came from the baby, especially if the child understands the baby came from mama's tummy... it raises the confusing question of what kinds of stores Mama has in there anyway. :)
Well, my money is on Sydney figuring out all by herself that the swing will come apart. She won't need you to teach her that, but she will certainly need help putting it back together! I do think it's a neat idea for Baby to have all of the accoutrements that new Baby Nolen will use.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right about Sydney figuring out the dismantling of the swing -- I only meant to stall her discovery by not pointing out the possibility.
ReplyDelete