My old friend Jennifer got Sydney this Leap Frog letter magnet set for Christmas. Sydney had the fridge farm and car wash also by Leap Frog and loved them a lot, but it really hadn't crossed my mind to get the letters one. I mean, can kids really learn letters from the refrigerator?Two months later:

These are the letters that Sydney knows well enough to name herself. She can also pick out the Z, X, and H, but forgets their names when asked.
So there you have it folks, Jennifer officially knew her educational toys better than this kindergarten teacher.
Wow, that's good to know. We are getting some really good parenting tips from reading you blog. Maybe you should put up some of the things that didn't work so well because honestly you are making it look too easy. Love yall lots.
ReplyDeleteStay cool.
D
Good point. My latest "didn't work" is this: letting your toddler get in the habit of having books and/or stuffed animals and/or duplos in bed might make for a smaller fight when getting in to the bed at bedtime, but it might also result in an awake toddler at eleven o'clock at night. "Gee, I don't know why she won't sleep. She has seven books, five stuffed animals, a dozen blocks and four hot wheels in bed with her, so I can't really say for sure what's keeping her awake." We took the toys away and now, shockingly, she goes to sleep faster. :)
ReplyDeleteI am really glad your two-year old enjoys this educational toy so much. My two and a half- year old only uses them as a projectile.
ReplyDeleteSpicy Girl had that as well. I knew all the songs that went with all the letters. As a matter of fact, when I taught pre-k I would sing the songs to my kiddos for each letter of the week....D says "duh", D says "duh" every letter makes a sound, D says "duh". LOL!!
ReplyDelete