Toddler-speak is one of the cutest things in the world. At least to parents. But I've found that trying to explain exactly how the toddler says a thing (it's like "eli-pant" or is it "el-pant", no, that's not quite how she does it, it's more like "ol-pant" or maybe "el-pint," no, wait, well trust me, it's cute) is like having to explain a joke. It just ruins the moment. And since I'm not sure how cute a non-parent would think the toddler-speak was to begin with, I had almost given up trying to explain some of Sydney's cuter phrases.
Then she came up with a word that I am convinced is cute, even in print, even said aloud by a grown up. So, without further adieu...
tum-bee
Try saying it. Tum-bee. Really, say it. Tum-bee.
See, it's cute.
P.S. If you aren't sure what a tum-bee is, I'll give you this contextual sentence: "Mama has a baby in her tum-bee."
I knew exactly what tum-bee was :). My favorite toddler word of S.G.'s was "nilp." Can you guess that one? "Mommy, tan I have a little tup of nilp?" (milk)
ReplyDeleteNilp is really cute, too!
ReplyDelete