Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Convergence of Nolens and Hats

On Sunday, the Nolens converged on our house. We had been expecting Grandpa Nolen to be there as well, but illness unfortunately kept him in Utah. We did, however, get to see Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Nolen, the Great Aunt Peggy and Uncle David.

Of all the people in the world to cook for, the Nolens are Jeremy's favorites. He loves Grandma Nolen's cooking so much, and the Great Aunt Peggy is a cook like her mother, and so it brings him particular joy to make a dish that they can appreciate. This time he made his 2hour 2day sauce (brought to you by Alton Brown and the power of science) and meatballs. The Great Aunt Peggy even said that the meatballs were better than her own. (*gasp*)

While Jeremy was busy cooking, a strange hat convention was happening in the playroom. The thing I must point out is that despite the fact that I bought all of these hats and possibly arranged the picture, it's Jeremy's family who are happily participating. It's moments like this one that make me feel born to become a Nolen.

After dinner, the kids wanted to be at the table with the adults and so I brought out the play dough and coloring pages. The Great Aunt Peggy and Grandma Nolen indulged both children generously and everyone had a lovely time.

I think our next visit will be in El Campo while Aunt Rachel is in town and we cannot wait.

1 comment:

  1. I love the hats! Way to go to Jeremy for outcooking the family recipe. Also, it must have been fun to cook for everyone in the updated kitchen.

    ReplyDelete