He also spent a lot of time on the front porch, breathing in the, ahem, fresh air. Mostly Jeremy and I took turns hanging out on the front porch with him. It seemed that every time we left him out there on his own, he found something to be melancholy about with his phone. Stupid phone.
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Uncle Jonathan
Uncle Jonathan did spend a fair amount of his Austin time being an uncle and doing kid things, but it wasn't all he did.
He also spent a lot of time on the front porch, breathing in the, ahem, fresh air. Mostly Jeremy and I took turns hanging out on the front porch with him. It seemed that every time we left him out there on his own, he found something to be melancholy about with his phone. Stupid phone.
He also played some Scott Pilgrim with his brother on the XBox. They both have an XBox and theoretically the whole thing with an XBox is that you can play with people half way across the world, you know, like in Japan, but somehow it still works best in person.
There had to be shooting, of course. Jeremy and Jon went to a local indoor range and did some target practice. (They had already done me so many favors and posed for so many pictures by that point that I opted not to send them with the camera to the range.)
After the range, there was the requite cleaning of the guns.
On Jon's last night here, I asked Jeremy if he felt like running a simple Dungeons and Dragons session, like we used to do way back before we had kids, and like Jonathan used to do with us when he would come and visit back then. Jeremy agreed and we invited Paul Ford to be a third party member and we had a nice little three to four hour campaign.
I had so much fun with Jonathan in town and I know Jeremy and the kids did, too. I would say that I can't wait for him to be back stateside, but since that was at least half of the despondency surrounding the phone, I think I'll let it be and just wait ever so patiently for the Navy to give him back. (See, Jon, that was me, not getting my hopes up.)
He also spent a lot of time on the front porch, breathing in the, ahem, fresh air. Mostly Jeremy and I took turns hanging out on the front porch with him. It seemed that every time we left him out there on his own, he found something to be melancholy about with his phone. Stupid phone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment