I don't think a visit to Houston to see family feels complete without dinner at Nana's. This time we had sandwiches and I think it was one of my favorite dinners so far... simple and tasty.I know the kids enjoyed it. Someone, I think it was Aunt Gerri, made lemon pound cake. Someone else, I think it might have been Nana, bought ice cream. Someone else, possibly Gram, bought those ridiculously rich Mormon/Amish cookies with the icing. Jack only managed the pound cake. Sydney was able to take in pound cake, ice cream and share a cookie with Gram.
In other news, the kids were almost literally bouncing off the wall the rest of the evening. It's how I know their Nana loves them... she never said a word about the loud and joyful chaos the kids brought into her otherwise quiet and orderly home. She just sat in her chair and allowed the two of them to be the evening's entertainment... complete with cat noises, bird watching, and ghost impersonations from them both.
No comments:
Post a Comment