I guess I already knew that, but it wasn't until today when I heard Sydney ask her dad if she could look at his car and then request that he open the hood and explain the engine parts to her that I really understood it.
I should have seen it coming.
He took her to Home Depot with him this weekend.
Most boring place ever. I almost told him it was a mistake to take her. I've been shoe shopping with the girl -- having a bored Sydney on your hands is not fun.
Then they got back, over an hour later and Sydney was talking about all of her favorite parts of the store, in the same way she talked about the Waco Zoo. It turns out that she thinks Home Depot is the coolest place ever.
I don't get it.
But I love it.
So after Home Depot, when Jeremy wanted to go outside and do all the yard work he had planned...
and I knew this little girl would be right behind him...
I did the only thing a mother in that situation can do.
I got Jack and we went outside with them to try to learn what all the fuss is about.Maybe I'll even go to Home Depot with them tomorrow. After all, it can't be any more boring that learning car parts.
Can it?
brings back happy childhood memories of helping my dad...
ReplyDeleteyes! it most certainly can!
ReplyDeleteActually had a lot of fun at Home Depot today, shockingly.
ReplyDeleteHome Depot is better than it used to be. Many interesting new toys for all. The bolts aisle is still rather boring.
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious! S.G. went to Home Depot with her daddy last weekend. She loves to go with him...of course it helps that he always stops at the gas station and gets her M&M's or chocolate milk on the way.
ReplyDelete