I really thought it would be a good thing for the kids, and I'm really sad that it didn't work out. But Jack wasn't sleeping through the night and it really upset Sydney for him to wake her up crying and she would start crying, which made him cry more, and so forth and so on.
It also made Sydney really resentful of Jack and that was never my intention.
So about a month ago, she started sleeping in the "guest" room. After a month, Jack was sleeping through the night better and I asked Sydney to move back into "her" room.
She said, "Um, no. I want to sleep in my big bed."
Well, if it's going to be Sydney's room, she needs to decorate it, right?
We took her to Bed Bath and Beyond and she picked out a rainbow hearts set that I thought was perfect for her age and personality.

Behind the bed are some two dollar placemats. The purple chair was a Christmas gift from Aunt Dani two years ago. The lamp and bedding are new. The furniture was bought at an estate sale for Jeremy by his grandfather.The artwork, though, is my favorite. Instead of buying "kid" artwork, I decided to have Sydney paint her own. She did the rainbow with my direction of which color to put where. For the other one, I prepped the canvas and she and I worked together to paint it.

This is the other half of the room. We are serious need of additional book storage as Sydney's stuffed animals displaced a rather large portion of our hardback collection. The green rug was a Target purchase that I thought brought some nice texture to the room. The closet door is covered with Sydney original artwork.
Sydney's favorite part, though?The closet.
Closet/playroom by the look of it. I wonder if the play kitchen might get more play now as a kitchen.
ReplyDeleteI love it - especially the artwork! Did you use blue tape on the canvas?
ReplyDeleteYou know I did!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful room! I can now finally tell you that when you first told me they would be sharing, I thought you were being verrrry ambitious. Plus, the way you decorated Syd’s old room to accommodate the baby was so adorable, I just fell in love with it.
ReplyDeleteYou have such a great eye for decorating!