We met the Hazens (Kara, her mom, Peter and Danielle) at Monument for breakfast. Sydney finally got to have her own cup of coffee on a regular old visit to Monument (and not just on special occasions). That made her very happy.Then we took the kids (Jeremy went on to work) to the playscape.

Sydney and Peter had a great time playing. Kara's mom followed them around the entire playscape while Kara and I took care of the little ones.
Then, while Jack chilled/sort of napped in his stroller, Kara's mom took Danielle and Kara and I got into full picture taking mode. I love having friends to share my hobbies with!
After playscape, we went to the Georgetown library and Peter and Sydney played some more while Jack crawled around and Danielle napped.
It was a real challenge to think of things to do with stair-stepped children... a three year old, a two year old, and almost one year old, and a nearly newborn, as well as a mom recovering from ARDS, but we managed and although I think Kara was as tired as the kids by the end of the morning, I was impressed by how rapidly she is healing and regaining her former strength.I can't wait for our next day out.
So glad that the weather on Monday was nice and that all of you enjoyed part of the day outside. Sounds like a great day!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you all got to get out and do something fun.
ReplyDelete