Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break -- Trip to Houston

We had an extremely abbreviated trip to Houston at the end of Spring Break.

We drove in Friday morning and met my mother for lunch and then to play at the park. Saturday morning, Jeremy woke up with acute tonsillitis and after a breakfast with his mother, went to an urgent care clinic, got prescriptions and then we went ahead and came back home so that he could be miserable in his own home.

On the one hand, it was hardly worth the trouble of packing, much less the drive, to be there for barely twenty-four hours.

On the other hand, Sydney and Jack got to see both of their grandmothers and Jeremy's mom got the nostalgic "joy" of taking her son to the doctor so that the kids and I didn't have to.

4 comments:

  1. Ug. I used to get those acute tonsil infections before I had mine out. Sorry Jeremy is having to suffer with that, though I'm sure he is pretending that it's not that big a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are well soon Jeremy....

    lots of love to all you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremy got sick??? I thought Jeremys didn't get sick, they just got allergies.

    Sorry your trip was cut short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Jeremy got sick but I sure loved seeing you all. The kids are so precious.

    ReplyDelete