Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break -- A Nothing Day

As I planned the week of Spring Break, I wasn't quite sure what we would do Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday... only that I wanted to do something. I also knew we would be going to Houston for the last three days, so Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in Houston.

So there was Thursday in the middle. A nothing day.

When I told Sydney's Gram about my nothing day, she started in on how nice it is to just stay in pajamas all day long sometimes. I explained, no, I meant no special activities for the kids. I needed to pack for Houston, do laundry, iron the clothes I wanted to take to a consignment sale, run by the Caring Place and drop off donations and mail a package (or two) to Aunt Rachel. My mother-in-law laughed and said, "That's sounds like my kind of 'nothing' day!"

It's true.

So while I was busy getting everything done inside, Sydney wanted to do arts and crafts. Arts and crafts and getting nice clean clothes ready to sell don't work well together, so I offered this trade: Sydney could do arts and crafts on the porch.

Best deal ever.

I stood in the dining room, ironing, looking out at her through the kitchen window for almost two hours. She painted some. Then she chalked. Then she put the paints in the water table. Then she put the chalk in the water table. Then she used the chalk bucket and the water cup I sent out for the paint to experiment with capacity.

In short, she had the best time ever.

And I got all the items on my list completed. Everyone wins.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like one very happy little girl.

    Have a safe and happy trip.

    ReplyDelete