Sunday, March 27, 2011

Consignment Sale

It's Consignment Sale season, so Kara and I went off to Mama Cents for their 50% off day. Normally, I would say that a half off day isn't worth the time or trouble because there is nothing left worth buying, and so I almost didn't go. I am so glad Kara talked me into it, though!

Aside from the kids having a lot of fun running a muck around a mostly empty old Linens and Things, I found some really great deals.

I picked up four pairs of $2 jeans for Jack -- two 18-24 month Wranglers and two 2T Old Navy pairs. I also found an absolutely gorgeous Janie and Jack brand peasant blouse for Sydney for $5. My best finds, though, were the Fisher Price Sweet Streets play sets.

They look like this, and there were about twelve of them for sale. All but one were marked to 50% off. So I got the country cottage (which is the one whose picture I pulled off the internet here), the hotel, the school, the pet shop and beauty salon, the club house, the post office, and the little girl's backyard playhouse all for less than $70, or about $10 each.

The two smallest houses, the little girl's playhouse and the post office I let Sydney and Jack have now. The others I am holding on to for future chore chart incentives and/or Christmas gifts.

After the crazy shopping, we went to the outlet mall, mostly to walk around.

The kids threw pennies in the fountain and then rode rides.

It was a somewhat unique day for Sydney and Peter in that it was a Sunday afternoon, so Kara and I had the option to leave the younger kids at home napping so that it was just Sydney, Peter, Kara and me out and about today.

I think they had a good time.

I know their mamas did.

2 comments:

  1. You find the coolest consignment sales! I never know about them till they are over. Maybe I'll get in the loop this year. Those are really fun looking dollhouses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete