Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Picnic at Southwestern

We were supposed to go to the Austin Science and Nature Center for St. Patrick's Day, but when Sydney came to bed last night running a fever again, I knew we wouldn't be going that far from home, so I had planned on just taking the kids for a bike ride, but Jeremy suggested the even-better plan of going to Southwestern where there are many, many sidewalks for bike riding and a nice green mall for picnics.

Sydney pretty much rode around the entire campus, which admittedly is not that large, but neither is Sydney. She had such a good time.

I cannot believe how big and independent she is getting. With the open space of the campus (and with almost no foot traffic as the students are gone for the break), she would freely ride away from me and then ride back, just keeping me in sight.

It wasn't quite the St. Patrick's Day I was planning, but it turned out so lovely that I wouldn't change a bit.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment: