
Grandma arrived from Houston today, bringing a gift of a new
Fancy Nancy book which Sydney had her read a good three or four times.
After reading, we went outside. It turns out that my red poppy seeds had arrived and I wanted to plant them, with Sydney's help, of course.

While we were outside, Sydney kept fixating on a lone wasp in the eaves. I tried explaining that she really wouldn't be stung if she would just leave it alone, but she kept cowering by the side of the house. I have never seen her act like that before and I can't tell if it was because she has been sick, if it was because her Grandma was here to hold her, or if it was because she really has developed a fear of wasps. Regardless, I'm glad her Grandma was here to make her feel safe and secure.

With seeds planted and wasps sprayed down with wasp spray, we went back inside for dinner, King Ranch Casserole, of course because although it may not be Irish food, it is Nolen food and Nolen's love St. Patrick's Day.
After dinner, Grandma taught Sydney how to play "Go Fish!" which I thought was really cool and so did Sydney. Jack did not, but that's another story.

After Go Fish! it was time for CandyLand. Sydney won both Go Fish! and CandyLand. I know my mom threw the Go Fish! game, but I'm not sure how you rig CandyLand without being terribly obvious, so I give Sydney credit for that win.

When everyone was done playing games, we broke out the markers. Sydney somehow went from drawing squiggly lines to drawing people and flowers and today even a bee overnight. Grandma, having many years of coloring practice, drew Sydney's name with flourish and love.

I am so glad that my mom came up to see me and the kids and got to spend so much quality time with Sydney especially today. She leaves tomorrow, so we will be packing a lot more fun into the next 24 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment