Saturday, March 19, 2011

Who's Been Sitting on My Rock?

Spring Break is almost over and so to make the most of today, we headed out early to go see Goldilocks and the Three Bears at the Scottish Rite Children's Theatre. As is our custom, Sydney got her picture taken with her favorite character from the play. Can you guess who she is?

After the play, we were only a fifteen minute drive from the Nature Center and since we missed out on going Thursday, we headed over there today.

There are lots of things to do at the Nature Center: the Dino Pit, the indoor classroom, the hiking trails, the scenic overlook we like to call "Prince John's Backyard," the reptile house, the rescue animals, and the bird sanctuary. Today, though, we only made it to one section of the center: the stream.

I think Sydney would have eventually moved on, but her brother was fixated and really and truly, Sydney enjoys the water a lot herself.

I think we spent just over and hour walking around these rocks, sitting on them, getting feet and hands (and sometimes whole bodies) wet and just enjoying the look, sound, and feel of the water.

Maybe next time we'll get to move on to other parts of the center.

4 comments:

  1. The photo of her standing on the rock is a really great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to plan a visit so our water babies can come play in that stream with your water babies. And I love the theatre there. So glad Sydney gets to grow up with live performances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. And Kara is starting to ask when you are coming to Texas because she wants to me you in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found out from some friends that the level of radiation from the airport xrays is the same level you get from about 2 minutes riding in a plane, so I'm no longer freaked out about traveling. We'll see what we can arrange.

    ReplyDelete