Thursday, March 10, 2011

Why Asking Clarfying Questions is Important

Today Sydney was looking at the pictures in our hallway. She found the one of Will, Jamie, Jack and her and commented, "I miss Will."

We agreed and pointed out that she would see him this summer.

Then she pointed to a picture of her Grandpa and Nana and said, "I don't miss them."

[sound of tires screeching to a halt]

What?!?

Jeremy said, in a stern voice, "That's rude!"

I said, tentatively, "Why not?"

"Because," said Sydney, "I'm going to see them tomorrow!"

Oh. I guess that does make perfect sense.

I don't miss them either. I am looking forward to a lovely Spring Break with them both!

2 comments:

  1. Great anecdote! Hope y'all have a fun spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kidthink does require a fair number of clarifying questions. Glad that y'all get to spend spring break with the Nolens. I look forward to photos of men with big ears and bigger hearts.

    ReplyDelete