Friday, June 5, 2009

Another Adventure

Sydney goes to her sitter's house Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, so today was my second day with both children.

The success of Monday's adventure to Jungle Java emboldened me to try for an even bigger adventure today. We went to Kiddie Acres where Sydney likes to ride the rides, then out shopping to Babies R Us (mostly because they have a mother's room and I could easily nurse Jack there) and then out to eat.

The whole day went remarkably well. Amazingly well, actually. Jack slept through Kiddie Acres and Sydney was content to be mostly on her own, coming back to me to get more tickets as needed. Jack was awake and hungry at just the right time and nursed very well at Babies R Us while Sydney played happily with the toys I had packed for her (which was really just two Little People, a chicken and two little cars) and then Jack fell asleep again in the car on the way to lunch, where Sydney and I enjoyed our meal, complete with a milk shake for dessert while Jack had his second morning nap. When the waiter was bringing our check, I had this exhilarating moment as I realized, "I am about to pull this off... two kids out in public for three hours at three different locations and zero melt downs."

I figure the karma of the day means that the next three times I take the kids out and everything goes wrong, at least I'll know that the universe paid me in advance.

P.S. If you are wondering why no pictures, that was my only "hiccup" for the day. I forgot to charge the camera battery last night. :)

4 comments:

  1. Okay, if you had managed pictures during this outing I would have been throwing something at the screen. No mom can really have it together that much, right?!?

    You really are good at this parenting thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't throw things at the screen! Remember I have a Jeremy who makes all things easier. Every mom could be this together if their husband would cook, clean, and grocery shop. The ones who amaze me are the moms who can take care of a house, a husband, and the children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I brag on you guys all the time as being the world's most awesome parents... props to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. Way to go! I'm glad nursing is working out for you so well, too.

    ReplyDelete