As far as Sydney is concerned, so far, so good.

She is actually becoming quite skilled at playing CandyLand. At last report, she played with modified rules... moving her pawn to any space that was the same color as the color on the card. She now knows to move her pawn to the next space of the right color (although she needs help to move to the next up-coming space, rather than going backwards). She also knows that there are spaces where you can get stuck until you draw the right color and that some cards take you to special places on the board.
Not too bad for a two and half year old playing a game rated for ages 3 and up.
I look forward to when I can visit again and we can all play together.
ReplyDeleteI do actually think of you when I am wishing for someone to play board games with because I know you have been in this very same boat.
ReplyDeleteI recently played CandyLand actually and even won. You might try meetup.com and see if they have any board game meetups in the Austin area.
ReplyDeleteI want to play!!!
ReplyDeletechutes and ladders!
ReplyDelete