To make a garden stone:
Step One: Mix water with the dirt stuff in the kit to make mud.

Step Two: Smush the mud into the container.

Step Three: Smush pretty shiny things into the mid.

Step Four: Admire your work (and let it dry).

I think Sydney's artwork turned out very nicely. After making the garden stone, we spent about an hour playing with the toys at Kaleidoscope.
One of my favorite things about this toy store is that they have all of these neat toys out for kids to actually play with. In previous visits, Sydney had really enjoyed the train table and the kitchen, but this visit was all about the Calico Critters' House. I mention this because when I was a kid, Calico Critters went by the name Sylvanian Families, and I loved, loved, loved them. I had three or four families, tons of furniture, and a dollhouse made by my mother's uncle. I actually still have some of my favorite pieces and plan on sharing them with Sydney in a couple of years, so it was nice to see that she may have inherited my dollhouse gene after all.
I love the stone; where will you be placing it? Will it live among the pinwheels? I hope so. It looks like you are all having a great summer. Wish I were there.
ReplyDeleteI think the stone may live in the front yard... by the steps to the house to greet visitors.
ReplyDeleteI wish you were here, too.
ReplyDeletei *think* you guys have a garden stone along the front walk already? Sydney's new piece should be a nice addition!
ReplyDeleteWe do already have one garden stone out front. I have a vision of a whole collection of homemade stones over the years.
ReplyDelete