Instead of having Sydney pick out a card at the store, I let her make her own. I printed out a bunch of pictures of Jeremy and Sydney, cut the two of them out of each picture, and let her chose the ones she wanted to use on her card. She then used a glue stick to glue each picture on the construction paper (which she had colored on already) and then she added stickers as a final touch. She was very proud of herself when she gave the card to her daddy.
I really thought that the card would be our only Father's Day project, but after naptime, I asked Sydney what she wanted to do and she told me she wanted to cook. Since her daddy loves those little cakes I taught Sydney how to make last weekend, we made more of them and she gave her daddy a plate of little cakes (two of which I had put icing in between to make a cake sandwich).
I love that Sydney is getting old enough to participate in holidays, adding her own elements and not just be on the receiving end of everything. Jeremy does so much for our family and is such a great dad that it warmed my heart to see Sydney able to do things for him.Happy Father's Day!
seeing them so happy on Father's Day made me all mushy...
ReplyDeleteThat is great. It really is fun as they get older. S.G. comes up with some great ideas for homemade gifts. She is working on her Boppa's card as we speak, since we won't see him until next week for Father's Day. Looks like y'all are having a great time this summer. If I can get away from the shop, I plan on doing some more fun outings with S.G. :)
ReplyDelete