I have been in charge of the Cherub Choir at my church for about six months now.We have a strange routine, but it works.
We start by reading Oops Clifford, Minerva Louise, and I Love Mud.
Then we transition with this chant I learned from my friend Mrs. Hanzlik. The adult says the line and then the children parrot it back in the correct voice.
This is my speaking voice.
This is my speaking voice.
I use it every day.
I use it every day.
This is my whisper voice.
This is my whisper voice.
It's quieter this way.
It's quieter this way.
This is my shouting voice.
This is my shouting voice.
It sounds like a fight!
It sounds like a fight!
This is my singing voice.
This is my singing voice.
It sounds just right.
It sounds just right.
Then we sing the songs we've already been working on, like Go Tell it on the Mountain or the doxology.
Then I introduce any new songs or activities.
We end either with a craft to go with the song, or with instrument time.
We play the instruments while singing If You're Happy and You Know it Make Some Noise. The goal is to teach playing the instrument at the appropriate times.Today was the last night of choir until the fall, so I thought I should go ahead and get some pictures of the kids.
Sydney isn't 100% sure about choir. She doesn't like having to sing the words I teach and the only part she likes is the reading (which is why we do it every week -- she and one of the other little girls insist on those three books). I don't know if I will push her to do choir again in the fall, but it's been a fun shared experience for us for now.
You know, we're still putting Miss B in activities to find out if she likes them or not. This year we've tried tap/ballet/jazz. The recital is next week. We'll see if she wants to do it again next year.
ReplyDeleteWe really haven't found her "thing" yet. It's fun trying new things out though. At least they get the experience.