Saturday, May 1, 2010

Kid's Festibal

Last weekend, we had the Red Poppy Festival and this weekend was the Foreverland Festival. I find that I cannot say "Foreverland Festival" without thinking "Neverland Ranch" and Michael Jackson, so I was just as happy to give it the name Sydney came up with: Kid's Festibal.

On the one hand, the Kid's Festibal was a big rip-off in that you had to pay for everything, but on the other hand, it was only a dollar per ride and Sydney had fun, so I guess it was worth it. I had also heard that Tinkerbell would be there, and I have to tell you that I felt so bad for "Tinkerbell" that I couldn't even bring myself to take a picture of her. It turns out that by "Tinkerbell will be at the Foreverland Festival" they really meant "we have a costume for a 50 year old matron that looks like a very modest version of a Tinkerbell costume." The lady seemed very nice and I'm sure she's someone's grandma, so don't think I'm hating on her, it's just not what I pictured.

What I did picture, and what we got, was more good old fashion hometown fun. Sydney rode the train and the horses and got to go into the bounce house.



There were a lot of neat vendors and I enjoyed the booths, even though I didn't buy anything. Jeremy's favorite, though, was this:

Not that he needed (another) custom holster, but that only in Texas would someone try to sell them at the Kid's Festibal.

1 comment:

  1. looks like great fun!
    and the holster vendor... hilarious on several levels

    ReplyDelete