We got up early and headed off to Jungle Java. I like to get there right when they open because otherwise they tend to be too crowded. Last time we went at 10AM (because that's when I thought they opened) and found that they actually open at 8AM, so this time I was prepared and rushed the kids out the door and managed to get there at 8:15. Only they cannot keep consistent hours and so now for some reason they do open at 10AM so when we got there, we found them closed.
So I called Kara to vent about my frustration with Jungle Java and she invited us over to her house.
We were going to play in the backyard, but Sydney wasn't all that interested (even though she normally loves playing in the backyard), so we went inside and played instead.
Then we went to Jungle Java at 10 where Sydney wasn't all that interested in climbing or sliding, or playing really. (Are you starting to see the course of my day, yet?)
We went to Olive Garden for lunch and even though Sydney normally likes the Olive Garden, today it really wasn't what she wanted. She wanted Mama Fu's. But when we got to Olive Garden she said, "Hey are you open?"And the Olive Garden said (in Sydney's voice), "Yes, come on in."
And Sydney said, "Hey! We can go in him! He's a talking restaurant." And then somehow it was all okay.
After lunch, we tried to go to the sprinkler park, but after looking around for five minutes, Sydney decided she didn't like that either.
Sigh.
So I called Kara and she suggested that we try her neighborhood pool. So back to Kara's house it was.
Happily, Sydney thought that was a great idea.
Sigh.Having fun is hard sometimes.
Way to go with the flow though!
ReplyDeleteWe were NOT off yesterday. Field Day and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for us.