This is the conversation from the car yesterday:
Sydney: Why hello, Alice.
Sydney (Alice): Hello, Sydney.
Sydney: Have you seen the white rabbit.
Sydney (Alice): Yes, I am following him. Oh, look! Look! Look! There he is.
Sydney: You'd better chase him, Alice.
Sydney (Alice): I think he's going that way.
Me: Will you be able to catch him?
Sydney: No, Mama. Alice is talking.
Me: Yes, I know. Will Alice be able to catch him?
Sydney: I don't know.
Sydney (Alice): I found him!
Me: I'm glad you found him.
Sydney: No, Mama. Alice found him.
Me: Yes, I know. I was talking to Alice.
Sydney (Alice): Oh, no, there he goes again!
Me: Alice, can you still see the white rabbit?
Sydney (Alice): What?
Me: Alice, can you still see the white rabbit?
Sydney (Alice): Um, I can't hear you. I can't hear you Sydney's mom.
Sydney: She can't hear you, Mama. She's in the Alice show.
Me: Can she come here?
Sydney: I'll ask her. Hey, Alice, want to come to Sydney?
Sydney (Alice): Okay.
[I hear the sound of grunting and pulling from the backseat.]
Sydney (Alice): Hi, Sydney!
Me: Hi, Alice.
Sydney (Alice): Hi, Sydney's mom. Sorry I couldn't hear you.
Me: Well, at least you can hear me now.
The conversation continued with Sydney and Alice chatting about how she couldn't hear me when she was in the Alice show, on the TV, in the playroom.
I love, love, love Sydney's imagination.
I can just hear this conversation. It's so nice to have live entertainment in the car!
ReplyDelete