Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

In some families, I know that the mother gets to take the day off and do pretty much nothing all day long on Mother's Day.

I guess I could do that. But I also know that part of doing nothing is not having to cook or clean and I don't do much of either. I also know that the real goal is for the mother to get to do whatever she wants with the day.

And what I wanted to do today, as with most days, is enjoy time with my kids.

So the kids and I left Jeremy, who was suffering from an allergy attack, home after church and drove to the Waco Zoo.

Sydney checked the map to make sure we were finding the right way in the zoo.

She did look at some animals.

And became a pirate.

And the day ended with our favorite ice cream treat.

I cannot think of a better way to spend Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Sydney looking at the elephant. We should go together to the zoo this summer. I'm so glad that we are enjoying this journey of motherhood together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect Mothers Day to me

    ReplyDelete