On Sunday, Grandpa and Uncle David Nolen drove in from El Campo. (I guess technically I should add that Grandpa had flown in from Salt Lake City the night before.)Rachel, Will and Jamie joined us at the zoo and we had a nice day with Grandpa.
I swear I cannot get a picture of Granpa where he is looking at the camera -- he's always looking at the grandbaby instead!
Will and Sydney clowning around with the cobra statue. AAAAAGH!
Sydney sitting on the seal.
It still doesn't seem right to get a drink right from the lion's mouth.After the zoo, we ate at the 59 Diner and then went to Bayou Bend, which is a branch of the Houston Museum of Art at the Ima Hogg mansion and gardens.
In short, it was a stunningly beautiful location that was free and open to the public on the Sunday before Thanksgiving.
Sydney enjoyed running (and sometimes rolling) down the hills.
We also found this gorgeous magnolia tree and I took the opportunity to get some pictures of the kids.
I was so glad that Scott came in from Utah to be with the family this week. The kids really enjoyed seeing their grandpa and Jeremy had a really good time with his dad.
Baby Jamie is all like, Enough, already! in that last photo.
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a lot of fun. I didn't remember that Houston has a children's zoo. We loved the San Antonio children's zoo. It was super awesome and is on our list of things to do again in Texas when we visit.
I love how beautiful your children are.