I think Suzanne is going to be such a great mom -- she already is so sweet and interested in letting little kids be who they are and do the things that are important to them. She let her two nieces, Sydney and Alana help as much as they wanted to. Alana handed out presents and Sydney even got to help Aunt Suzanne open one.
I had spent the two weeks leading up to the shower working very hard on sewing some gifts so I was very pleased by how happy the homemade gifts I had worked on made Suzanne.
Sydney, though, was far more interested in the people at the shower. She had a great time visiting with her grandma.
She also really enjoyed her cousin, Alana. Sydney told me on the way to the shower that when we got to Aunt Jennie Sue's house, Alana would see Sydney and Alana would say, "SYDNEY!!!!"
That's pretty much exactly what happened.So Sydney felt that Aunt Suzanne's shower was a great success.
After presents, Sydney's older cousin, "Uncle" Ben took Sydney and Alana to the park to play and then Noah and Sydney and Alana ran around the house so much that Aunt Jennie Sue, who has eight boys of her own, sweetly asked if maybe the kids could play outside. So they did. In the end, between Alana and Jennie Sue's boys, Sydney was worn out enough to sleep most of the way back home.
Sounds like a majorly fun trip. I am so glad Sydney got to run around with her cousins. And just think: baby Zoe heard all that and is probably looking forward to joining in as soon as she can crawl.
ReplyDelete