Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Time with the Langs

One of the nicest parts of going to Houston is staying and playing at Uncle Dave and Aunt Suzanne's house. Sydney even made up a song about it on the way down:

"I'm going to Aunt Suzanne's house,
And she has Russian dolls,
And they are like a family,
And I like to play with them."

She also likes playing with the votive holder/gazebo and swinging on the swing set in the back.

Her favorite part, though, I think is when her grandma and cousins came out to Dave and Suzanne's for a family gathering. It's always an awesome thing with Uncle Dave gets all seven of his brothers in one place and Sydney had so much fun with the Lang gang and her cousin Alana. But I don't think she quite understood that her evening visit was all the time she was going to get with her grandma this visit. She kept asking for her the next day and the day after. I'm afraid she got so distracted by the fun she was having with her cousins that she didn't get in a full grandma visit. I love that she enjoyed her cousins, but hate that she missed out on sit down time with grandma. I guess that's the trade-off, though, isn't it?

At one point during that evening, while cousins were shooting each other with Nerf guns, Sydney was trying to get her gun to work and wanted my help and I just couldn't figure it out myself. So I gestured at all of the other people in the room and said, "You know how we are the Nolens, well all of these people are the Langs. Ask one of the Langs if they can help you."

I know at least three or four immediately volunteered. Those Langs are really, really, really good with kids for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment