Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sydney's 5th Birthday

Today is Sydney's 5th birthday.  I have so much to say about that... so much thought and emotion behind that simple sentence.  For now, though, I want to share her special day.

She started the day at Monument Cafe, having breakfast with her daddy.  I wasn't there to take a picture or anything, but I told my class all about it and they helped me add it to my digital journal.
Then she went to her school where she gave her class a present that she had picked out with me a while back.  She also took cupcakes that she made with me last night.
After school, I picked Sydney and John up and took them to meet up with the Hazens at Kiddie Acres.  We only rode a few rides because both families had to be at church, but it was just enough to make the day a little special.
 
From Kiddie Acres, we went to Red Robin for a birthday dinner.
 
The best part of the meal, though, was the chocolate shake, followed up by a delicious sundae.
 The sundae was so massive that, especially after a shake, there was more than enough to share with friends.
 
On our way of of Red Robin, I let Sydney get two toys from one of their toy machines, one for her and one for her brother and she got to choose first.
I have absolutely no idea what in the world I said about these toys, but Sydney heard me call them "Bobbi toys" and that is now what they are.
So anyone who managed to catch Sydney on the phone in the middle of this busy, busy day, got to here her tell them that she got a Bobbi toy for her birthday.  I know people who don't have four year old girls feel very out of the loop on what's new in little girl toys, so they all accepted that "Bobbis" are the new thing.  But really, it was a little nothing toy from Red Robin that I knew would make her happy for her birthday.

After Red Robin, we made a dash for church.  It turns out that if you try to go to Kiddie Acres and Red Robin, leaving Georgetown at 3:45, you can not make it back in time to start choir at 6:15.  You can, however, make it by 6:30, and if your friends will cover for you (thank you Brutons) that's plenty of time.

I had asked Sydney initially if she wanted to go to dinner after choir or go to the nursery as usual.  She opted for the nursery (which let me go to bell choir practice) and that's what inspired the darting to North Austin before choir.

I was glad she chose the nursery because Mrs. Elizabeth was there and helped Sydney make the most fabulous birthday gift for me.

Sydney dictated and illustrated.  Mrs. Elizabeth scribed.

 
 
 
 So now I have two original Sydney books for my very own... a perfect memento of her 5th birthday.

1 comment: