Jessica's Jonathan did the turkey for what I believe is the third year in a row. He gets better every year and it was a good bird that first year.
Aside from the wonderful food, it's just nice to be at The Great Aunt Peggy's house. Her yard is so nice and she now has the "poop deck" in the back and I love sitting out there and watching the kids.
Inside, we started a new tradition of doing a simple craft project. This year it was hand turkeys on plates. Who knows, maybe we'll do those again next year or maybe we'll do something else. I just know that I liked organizing the craft, the kids liked doing it, and the grandparents liked having the kids all sitting in the middle together.
Around noon, the food was ready and Will and John Patrick (well, mostly Will) took it from the kitchen to the poop deck.
The food was delicious, of course. Jeremy gets his cooking gene from both sides and The Great Aunt Peggy has had years of practice to hone her craft.
It was such a wonderful day. We ate good food, saw people we love a lot and had a lot of fun. It was also one of those great days for pictures. I always like to get pictures with Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Nolen, especially when Grandpa and Nana are in Texas to be part of the generational pictures. We also wanted pictures of our family with Aunt Rachel and her family and also Uncle Jonathan.
I love this family so much and am so proud to be a Nolen. I hope Sydney and John Patrick feel the same way as they get older.
I know this extended family loves them a lot.



No comments:
Post a Comment