Sydney is "Star of the Week" in her pre-K class this week. Among other things, this means that we had to fill out the questionnaire and then gather some special things to share with her class.
I thought it was interesting to see what she wanted to share with her friends. She chose some books, a few small toys, her Russian nesting dolls and some stuffed animals.
 |
| Pinkalicious is pink. Pink is her favorite color and she ate pink cupcakes and her skin turned pink. Sydney loves the color pink and so does Pinkalicious. |
 |
| The Defenders of the Earth is a TV show from the 80's I liked it when I was a kid and so I introduced Sydney to it. Sydney often pretends to be one of the Defenders. Sydney says, "I like the Defenders of the Earth because they fight crime." |
 |
| The Powerpuff Girls are little girls who fight crime. "Sugar. Spice. Everything nice. These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little girls. Professor Utonium accidentally added an extra ingredient, Chemical X. BOOM!" |
 |
| This is a particularly beautiful book. It's one of those with flaps to lift and things to touch and feel. Sydney likes it because "it helps you learn how to be a princess." |
 |
| These are a set of Schleich figurines. I love that they are so detailed and so durable. Sydney has a ton of Schleich animals and is now starting to collect the figures as well. Sydney says, "I got them from the store that has lots of toys you can play with [Kaleidoscope Toys]. I like that they got married." |
 |
| These are the dolls that I made last summer. Sydney still likes to play with them, although their castle is long gone to the recycling bin. Sydney likes "pretending that they are real people" and they are currently a bunch of Indians. (Lots of things are Indians right now. I suspect that her pre-K is gearing up for the big Thanksgiving play. |
 |
| I was surprised that she chose this. It's been on her shelf for quite a while though, making it through many mini-purges. She made it at church when they did music and drama camp. Sydney says, "It is a rattling shake. I use it to hunt animals." |
 |
| "Ena is a raccoon. She is looking for footprints on the way to find Prince Eddie." She makes up a new name for the raccoon every day/hour. The raccoon was originally given to her brother by John the crossing guard. Since John the toddler doesn't remember his ownership, I am not reminding him. |
 |
| "Her name is Florsha. She is an octopus." This creature also gets a new name every day/hour and was also given to her brother. The Fords bought it at Sea World for his second birthday. Once again, if her brother doesn't mind, why should I. Sydney did give him the crocheted octopus that was made for her by a church member when she was a baby, so I guess it's all fair. |
 |
| Sydney's Russian Nesting Dolls... probably the first thing that came to mind when it was time to put the bag together. Sydney talks about Russian Nesting Dolls a lot and her 3 year old room teacher once told me that she saw some in a store somewhere and thought of Sydney right away. The teacher couldn't remember what they were called but told the lady with her that one of her three year olds knew their name. This set was bought by Uncle Dave when he was in a 'stan. |
 |
| This unicorn has been a favored stuffed animal for almost a year... ever since John the crossing guard gave her to Sydney for Christmas. Isn't it funny what kids take to? Sydney says "Uni hunts for footprints just like the raccoon." (She had already forgotten what she had named the raccoon by the time we were talking about Uni, who has had the same name for months now.) |
 |
| This is one of those dolls that can switch around and be Little Red Riding Hood, Grandma or the wolf. I had one as a child and was thrilled to find one for Sydney. I suggested that she include it in her bag because I bet none of her friends have seen one like it. |
 |
| "This is my camera. Aunt Rachel gave it to me. I like that it has silly stuff to put on the pictures." Just in case Aunt Rachel wondered if she did well on the birthday shopping, here it is. The camera made the bag! |
That is fun. I love that her favorite sport or game is Candyland. I so wished I lived close sometimes so I could play.
ReplyDelete