Monday, November 21, 2011

Downtown Aquarium

On Monday, we went to the Downtown Aquarium with Aunt Rachel, Will, Jamie, Gram and Uncle Jonathan.
We went through once to look at all of the various fish and then to pet the stingrays.


This was not Sydney's favorite part.  Sydney's favorite part was the riding the rides outside of the aquarium.
I have no idea how many times Sydney rode the lighthouse ride.  I do know that she rode the Ferris Wheel once and the train one time and that we spent something like an hour at the rides.
I also know that Jeremy and Uncle Jon had a great time being silly and riding it with her.
After a couple of hours at the aquarium, we took a break and had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe.  Then we came back through so that Will and John could have another chance to look at all of the fish and "not be rushed" as Will put it.  Sydney was not impressed with the plan to go back through to see all of the fish she had already seen.  She actually came over and asked what she was supposed to do.  I reminded her that she had a new toy and that the room we were in happened to look like a ship.  That was all she needed.  While the boys looked at fish, Sydney was taken captive by some pirates and her pet tiger saved her.
I am so glad Sydney has such a wonderful imagination.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic on the ride. There is such joy on her face. What is the lighthouse ride? One of those that goes up and down?

    And kudos to you on the great parenting to provide her with the stimulus to the imaginative play.

    ReplyDelete