It was so fun to see the kids playing with little Zoe (who is much, much, much less little than she used to be). Sydney got out the Russian nesting dolls and played with them with Zoe. I think that might have been Zoe's first chance to play with her family's set.
I was simply enamored with Zoe and her bright blue eyes and her blonde hair. I know that to Suzanne, Zoe looks like Aunt Jennie Sue, but to me, she looks so much like my Mema (Aunt Jennie Sue's mother). The eyes are identical and there was a picture in Mema's bedroom of herself in her late teens in which her hair was short and blonde and curly. I somehow feel like the family is complete again with a little bit of my Mema back in it.
My mom, my sister and her family, and many other Langs joined us. I'm a little shocked that we got a group picture to begin with, but my family understands my desire for these photo shots.
The cousins enjoyed looking at the animals. I think the giraffes and the elephants were everyone's favorite. They also enjoyed the slushy treat that Jeremy got for all of the kids. It's nice to be that uncle, I think.
Sydney also just enjoyed the time with her Grandma.
She also got a kick out of the petting zoo and the carousel in the children's zoo area.
This was our first carousel of the Thanksgiving week. First of four, I do believe. We loved them all.
These Thanksgiving trips have their moments of quiet reflection, but I love that all in all, they have become a fall break for us and I love, love, love that the kids are getting the chance to make so many happy memories with all of their extended family.




No comments:
Post a Comment