Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Origin of Myth

Sydney told me today that she thought it was okay to get up and get her Leapster if her dad and I were asleep.

I agreed that if she woke in the middle of the night, or just too early in the morning, that it was better to just get up and get her Leapster, or whatever other toy she wanted, rather than wake us and ask.

She said that she had to do it that way when we were invisible.

Huh?

Yes, indeed, it turns out that Sydney thinks her father and I become invisible when we go to sleep.

What in the world would make her think that?!?

Jeremy was able to shed further light on the subject when he mentioned Sydney getting up and getting her Leapster this morning.

"But I thought she didn't wake you," I said.

"Oh, she didn't. I just heard her opening and closing doors this morning around 6:15 while I was in the bathroom."

It all suddenly becomes clear.

Transparent, even.

1 comment:

  1. That is really something! I want an invisibility portal in my bathroom, too.

    ReplyDelete