Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Princess and the Pea

On Sunday, Sydney and I went to see The Princess and the Pea at the Scottish Rite Theater. I really love that place!

This version of the fairy tale had a prince and princess who were big comic book fans. The prince likes the comic Super Dude and the princess likes Super Chick. They meet in the forest while pretending to fight crime. Then of course the queen has the whole "is she a real princess" tests, which the queen's cat helps the princess to pass (including the pea business because in the play the princess couldn't really feel it). In the end, the princess has to admit that the cat helped her to pass the tests and the queen reveals that the real test was a test of character and the princess' honesty proves her character and the prince and princess are married and continue to read comics and pretend to be super heroes happily ever after.

I guess the whole "Super Chick" business was really cool to Sydney because she recently changed her Halloween costume from being a tooth fairy to being a super hero fairy named, you guessed it, Super Chick.

3 comments:

  1. That is a much better ending for the Princess and the Pea story for a young crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Everything this theater produces is so well thought out for the younger audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I'm glad Sydney will be the Super Chick fairy, keeping it real and watching our backs. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete