What better way to welcome the season than with a gourdian take on the comedy-tragedy pair?I know, I know. It's too early for pumpkin puns. But I had to do something today because today is our church's annual Harvest Fest, which has become the event that marks the start of fall for us.
Honestly, I don't really "get" Harvest Fest in the sense that mostly, it seems to be about the selling of turkey dinners and I don't like turkey dinners, but since the church sold 2,000 of them, there must be some people in the area that think it's a great idea.
My great idea was to support Harvest Fest not by actually preparing any food and certainly not by serving any food, but by offering baby sitting services to other folks so that they could go deal with the turkey.
My friend Kristi took me up on my offer and brought her three over around eight in the morning. Since I had all of this child labor, I thought I would work on getting the fence painted. These same kids came over the last time I tried to Tom Sawyer the job, but they got tired before they finished it, so I needed another round.
After paint comes washing, so we filled up the water table and let the kids clean up a bit. The kids entertained each other so well that the morning flew by and the next thing I knew, Kristi's mom was there to pick up the kids.About an hour later, Grace dropped off her two, Ava who is almost four like Sydney, and Andrew who is nine or so and spent the entire visit sitting on the couch playing video games.
Sydney and Ava did some fall crafts, including some fall scenes with stickers and pumpkin carving. It was neat to sit with each girl and have them tell me what they wanted on their pumpkins. Sydney wanted one sad pumpkin and one happy one, hence the comedy-tragedy figures.
After that, the girls played until nap time and when Grace came to get Ava, she had to wake her up. So a very successful day.
The last photo really makes her look more like a big girl, instead of a little girl.
ReplyDelete